Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC) is coming together with more than 30 partners across the wellness, leisure, health and sports sectors to hold Sentosa’s inaugural wellness festival, Zentosa Fest, from 3 June to 30 June 2022.
A play on the island’s name, Zentosa Fest is set to be home to more than 50 wellness experiences, leveraging Sentosa’s scenic environment and island charm to become a 500-hectare wellness island retreat.
Several firsts will be rolled out at Zentosa Fest, which is organised as part of Sentosa’s 50th anniversary celebrations and Wellness Festival Singapore.
Among the never-before experiences are the beachfront Zentosa Festival Village and Sentosa glamping packages, as well as a range of wellness offerings curated in collaboration with agencies such as Enterprise Singapore, the Health Promotion Board, National Arts Council, Sport Singapore, Singapore Tourism Board, and private sector partners such as Mount Faber Leisure Group, Oasia Resort Sentosa, Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa, The Ripple Club, and True
Fitness, among others.
Mr Chew Tiong Heng, Divisional Director, Business and Experience Development, SDC said, “With wellness issues exacerbated by the pandemic, it is more critical than ever that we come together to raise awareness on the importance of one’s wellbeing. We are therefore leveraging Sentosa’s well-loved island charm and position as a multifaceted leisure destination to help our guests recharge and rejuvenate away from urban stresses, while surrounded by our golden beaches, lush greenery and waters. Alongside the iconic lifestyle offerings that Sentosa has been well-known for, Zentosa Fest will activate the whole island for guests to reconnect with themselves and loved ones. We look forward to welcoming everyone to Zentosa Fest, as we commemorate Sentosa’s Golden Jubilee.”
Zentosa Festival Village – 3 to 19 June
Taking centrestage at Zentosa Fest is the Zentosa Festival Village, which transforms the breezy Palawan Green into a unique beachfront festival village from 3 to 19 June 2022. The Zentosa Festival Village will feature masterclasses, sports workshops, and outdoor performances. From here, guests will be able to kickstart their own wellness journey across the island’s key activity nodes.
Festivalgoers can look forward to:
* The Make Every Move Count Workshop, a movement assessment and interactive workshop. Using the Active Health play mat, accredited coaches will guide participants through an assessment of their mobility and stability and provide tips on movement variability to offset repetitiveness of activity and reduce the likelihood of injury. Participants can also join in a movement game that encourages social interaction and intergenerational play. In addition, there will be Eat Better and Sleep Better workshops, sports tryouts and even guest appearance by Nila by Sport Singapore (SportSG).
* National Steps ChallengeTM Move for Wellness Challenge organised by the Health Promotion Board, where participants can earn sure-win rewards and stand to win lucky draw prizes by staying active.
* A range of arts and wellness programmes organised in collaboration with National Arts Council that support and uplift communities. Participants can try their hand at painting a large-scale mural, express their creativity at a paper puppet workshop and design communal art boards along Palawan Green.
* Working up a sweat and becoming fitter at the daily True Fitness Hour, featuring a rotation of group exercises such as Sun Salutations, Yoga Flow, and Zumba.
* Gleaning wellness tips and knowledge from a distinguished line-up of wellness experts and personalities including, including among others:
* Zoe Chu, mother and former accountant turned baby- and adult-sleep expert, who has been inspired to educate and empower others on how to achieve a good night’s sleep following the challenges she faced in helping her twin babies sleep well.
* Crystal Goh, a singer-songwriter, who will share inspiring stories and songs of communities that inspire hope while recognising pain. She is also the founder of Diamonds on the Street, a social initiative that transforms histories into songs and stories of hope.
As part of Zentosa Fest, SDC will also partner the Centre for Fathering and Dads for Life to host the annual Dad’s Day Out. On 18 and 19 June, families and festivalgoers can participate in a family challenge which will incorporate various elements of a healthy and resilient family lifestyle. In addition, festivalgoers will be invited to pledge their commitment to greater family and personal wellness by symbolically tying a ribbon to the suspension bridge that leads to the “Stress Stop” at the Southernmost Point of Continental Asia.
Some 5,000 ribbons are expected to line the bridge, a symbol of the collective commitment by festivalgoers, and will be upcycled after the festival.
Glamping by the Beach
For the first time ever, guests will be able to enjoy overnight beach glamping at Sentosa, where an exquisite, all-in-one novel glamping adventure awaits at Palawan Beach. Featuring glamping options for two persons or a group of four, guests will be able to enjoy a complete wellness retreat featuring a tranquil experience relaxing by the waters, and participate in festival wellness offerings during their two-day-one-night stay.
The Southernmost Point of Continental Asia will be transformed into a unique beachfront escapade called “Stress Stop”, which will help guests stop the stress through meditations, breathwork, and sound bathing sessions. Here, guests are invited to unwind and reconnect with themselves spiritually and emotionally.
* Unwind at a Sunset Rejuvenation session, and immerse oneself in healing sounds and vibrations to soothe one’s mind and body.
* Participate in a Cacao ceremony to deepen their connection with their own body, mind, and emotions. The Cacao ceremony is rooted in the holistic healing practices of ancient Aztec and Mayans.
* Dip into the waters for Ripple Ride (aquabiking) sessions with The Ripple Club and embark on a low-impact, full-body aqua workout.
Located in front of Palawan Kidz City, the Festive Market will let guests have a go at a range of workshops and hands-on sessions to enrich their festival experience. These include:
* A sewing workshop, a craft that promotes mindfulness and reduces stress and anxiety.
* The Family Fun Time workshops by Health Promotion Board, where parents and their children can join Captain Happy and the Bunny family on an adventure to learn about eating healthier through exciting activities.
From Fridays to Sundays, an outdoor bazaar will also be set up in collaboration with popular bazaar curator Sunday Social, featuring local merchants peddling artisanal goods, crafts and food products. These include bath products made from natural ingredients by Escential The Body Tonic, microgreens from Verdura Pod, nut and plant milk from The Better Milk, among others.
To help guests take charge of their own wellbeing by eating nutritiously and healthily, a selection of food and beverage establishments will offer curated menus featuring items such as a wholemeal pancake breakfast set, Korean air-fried boneless chicken, and juices. Festivalgoers can also enjoy a 20% discount
when purchasing their meals with a Mastercard® credit or debit card.
Month-long wellness retreat away from the city
SDC is also partnering diverse business establishments in Sentosa to offer a range of staycation packages, healthier menu choices, and a host of wellness offerings. These include:
* Wellness staycation packages and wellness programmes, including discovery bicycle rides on selected mornings, nature hikes around Mount Imbiah and Siloso Beach on selected evenings, and yoga sessions overlooking the Sofitel Pool at Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort and Spa.
* With the one-day Oasia Wellness Pass, guests can enjoy unlimited access to a spectrum of wellness offerings at Oasia Resort Sentosa, such as tea appreciation, Sunrise Qi Gong, and Oasia Balm Making workshops hosted by Oasia Spa therapists, as well as usage of the gym and pool at the resort.
* Wellness meals and beverages at SkyHelix Sentosa, Arbora Café and Good Old Days Food Court, including specially created wellness juices and a selection of teas by Gifel Fine Teas.
* CRNK by the Ocean, an outdoor spin class, Qigong, Outdoor Aerial Yoga, and other wellness-related activities, as well as healthier choice menu items at Southside.
* W Singapore – Sentosa Cove will also be offering a one-night Wellness Escape staycation package, which comes with spa treatments and relaxing wellness activities.
Registering for your activities
Bookings are open for Zentosa Fest’s activities, workshops, and talks via www.zentosafest.sentosa.com.sg
Activities and workshops at Zentosa Fest are priced at a flat fee of $5 per session, while selected offerings will be free, such as:
* All talks and masterclasses by the wellness experts,
* National Steps ChallengeTM Move for Wellness Challenge by Health Promotion Board (register on Healthy 365 app),
* The Family Fun Time workshops by Health Promotion Board (register on Healthy 365 app), and
* The daily True Fitness Hour workouts.
To enjoy greater value and convenience, festivalgoers can purchase the Zentosa Wellness Pass, which allows guests to participate in 12 activities and workshops for just $50. Festivalgoers can also enjoy a 20% discount when they book their activities, workshops, and glamping packages using a Mastercard® credit or debit card, while Sentosa Islander members enjoy an additional 10% off their bookings.
For more information about Zentosa Fest, please visit www.zentosafest.sentosa.com.sg