Under Armour Singapore has just launched the brand’s much-anticipated Curry 6 shoes, the new TriBase™ Reign line and the updated version of its Charged Bandit running shoes – Charged Rogue.
- The shoes are a nod to UA’s expansion in the footwear category and each map to individual sporting disciplines: Curry 6 for basketball, TriBase Reign for CrossFit and training and Charged Rogue for running.
- The design for each shoe has also evolved in line with Under Armour’s push towards a “gym-to-street” approach in engineering its sportwear – building on its trademark technology to produce aesthetically appealing apparel and shoes that are also suitable for everyday wear.
Basketball is a sport focused on quick twitch movements. Match analysis data highlights that Stephen Curry will have a change in movement pattern over 1,000 times per game, equating to a change every two seconds on average.
This high volume of movement change makes it essential that the Curry 6 provides best in class traction. The Under Armour biomechanics team dug into all of Stephen’s movements to help inform the design, helping build a split outsole design that increases court contact for superior traction.
For the first time, the Curry 6 will also feature HOVR cushioning – an extension of Under Armour’s proprietary HOVR technology.
• A full-length HOVR midsole contained within an energy web and embedded into the outsole of the
Curry 6 provides a cushioned, close-to-ground feel and explosive return
• A fully knit upper made of polyester yarn offers a breathable, compression-like fit to deliver lightweight directional strength
• An external heel counter adds to overall stability and support offering
• A full-length speed plate keeps you on the balls of your feet so you can blow right by defenders
• The split outsole design increases court contact for superior traction
• Unique outsole pattern for added traction and flexibility in the toe box
• Weight: 12 oz.
• Available at all Under Armour’s Orchard Central brand house and
Retailing at S$239
The UA TriBaseTM Reign is designed for athletes seeking more minimal training footwear. The shoe is lower to the ground, giving athletes the ability to seamlessly transfer power from the ground into their intended movement. With a 2mm heel to toe drop – one of the most progressive options in the
market – your feet are able to move as they’re made to move.
In addition to providing a flat and stable base, the UA TriBaseTM technology boasts three zones of flexibility to allow your foot to move naturally. The forefoot flex groove helps with upwards and downwards natural motion, while the sides of the TriBaseTM aid in torsional flexing.
• Built for intense workouts with a tough ripstop material, durable mesh for lightweight support and
all-around abrasion resistance
• UA TriBaseTM in the outsole maximises ground contact where your foot needs it the most,
providing superior upward flexibility to promote natural motion and downward flexibility to grip the
ground during lifts
• External heel counter for increased stability and locked-in heel
• Full-length Micro G® foam midsole for the ultimate in responsive cushioning
• Full-rubber outsole wraps the lateral and medial sides for greater durability
• Strategic rubber build under the toe box for a more powerful floor grip
• Low to the ground construction allows for greater feel and power transfer
• Non-removable insole
• Offset: 2mm
• Weight: 10.3 oz.
• Available at all Under Armour brand houses
Retailing at S$179
Charged Cushioning uses compressed foam for even greater responsiveness and durability, providing optimal cushioning and energy return.
• NEUTRAL: For runners who need flexibility, cushioning & versatility
• Engineered mesh upper is extremely lightweight and breathable, with strategic support where you need it
• Lightweight, external heel counter for additional support that keeps the back of the foot locked in
• Removable, comfort sockliner provides a comfortable and responsive ride
• Solid rubber outsole covers high impact zones for greater durability with less weight
• 360° reflectivity for increased visibility on low-light runs
• Offset: 8mm
• Weight: 9.5 oz.
• Available at all brand houses except Paragon
Retailing at S$109 – S$149