SATS Premier Lounge, at Singapore Changi International airport’s Terminal 2, has been awarded the Priority Pass Asia Pacific Airport Lounge of the Year Award.
Now in its 13th year, the awards are based on 72,000 ratings by Priority Pass members and includes recognised airport lounges offering the best service, experience, refreshments and business facilities. Priority Pass is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year and operates the world’s largest lounge access programme, with more than 1,000 airport lounges in 500 cities.
SATS Premier Lounge is known for immersing its guests in Singaporean culture with displays of real orchids, Peranakan porcelain and artwork depicting local scenes.The lounge hosts regular cultural events, like serving mooncakes during the Mid-Autumn festival, to ensure that visitors are treated to a unique experience every time they enter the lounge. Its signature Laksa meal is also a favourite among travellers.
Nazri Othman, Senior Vice-President, Passenger Services at SATS, said: “SATS has been serving international passengers for 70 years and we consistently aim to anticipate their needs and exceed their expectations. Creating the right ambience, with comfortable seats, elegant design and private space is key but our service extends beyond the physical environment. We deliver attentive, engaging service which enhances the overall experience. We are proud that our service and passion to delight has been recognised with this award.”
The Plaza Premium Lounge at Siem Reap Angkor International Airport has also been “Highly Commended” in the Best Attitude and Service from Lounge Staff category. Staff at the lounge are well known for their commitment to service excellence and teamwork, incorporating local culture such as the Khmer welcome (where palms are pressed together with a slight bow) to greet guests when they enter the lounge.
This year’s global winners are:
· Asia Pacific: SATS Premier Lounge T2 at Singapore Changi International
· Africa & Middle East: Ahlan Business Class Lounge at Dubai International
· North America: Salon VIP Lounge, Québec Jean Lesage International
Kevin Goldmintz, Executive Vice-President at Collinson Group Asia Pacific, parent company of Priority Pass, said: “We’re seeing major investment in new and existing airports across Asia-Pacific, with high quality, distinctive lounges launching across the region. These awards are a strong endorsement for SATS Premier Lounge and The Plaza Premium Lounge. During 2017, we added over 70 new lounges to our network in Asia-Pacific, giving members access to the most locations of any provider. The continued focus on premium lounges and travel experiences from airports, airlines, financial institutions and other organisations greatly benefits business and leisure customers. Travellers now have a wider choice of venues and products offering exceptional service, refreshments and unique facilities to meet their needs.”
Priority Pass received over 72,000 ratings from its members in this year’s awards via the lounge rating function on the Priority Pass website and app. Members provide ratings on a wide set of criteria including overall lounge quality, refreshments, staff, business facilities and ambience.
The complete list of winners in the 2017 Priority Pass Lounge of the Year Awards:
· Overall Winner: SATS Premier Lounge T2 at Singapore Changi International
· Highly Commended: Strata Lounge at Auckland International
· Overall Winner: Club Kingston at Kingston Norman Manley International
· Overall Winner: Tallinn Airport Business Lounge at Tallinn Lennart Meri
· Highly Commended: La Valette Club at Malta International
Africa & Middle East:
· Overall Winner: Ahlan Business Class Lounge at Dubai International
· Highly Commended: Dilmun Lounge at Bahrain International
· Overall Winner: Salon VIP Lounge at Québec Jean Lesage International
· Highly Commended: The Club MCO at Orlando FL International
Latin America & The Caribbean:
· Highly Commended: Aeroportos VIP Club at Brasilia J. Kubitschek International
Best Business Facilities:
· Overall Winner: The Club MCO at Orlando FL International
· Highly Commended: Ahlan Business Class Lounge at Dubai International
Best Quality of Refreshments:
· Highly Commended: VIP Lounge (East) at Guadalajara Miguel Hidalgo International
Best Attitude and Service from Lounge Staff:
· Highly Commended: Plaza Premium Lounge at Siem Reap Angkor International