Xigera Safari Lodge has opened in Botswana’s wildlife-rich Okavango Delta.
As custodians of Xigera Safari Lodge, the Tollman family are delighted to bring Red Carnation’s generous hospitality, personal service and exceptional design aesthetic to Botswana for the first time, drawing on six decades of devotion to unparalleled luxury in service.
Every aspect has been handcrafted by the family to beguile guests’ senses and stir their souls – from the evocative interiors to one-of-a-kind encounters.
Hidden amid a canopy of magnificent indigenous trees, Xigera offers 12 spacious suites; each individually designed to offer a unique experience of the Okavango. For multi-generational travellers, there is the impressive two-bedroom Family Suite, located on two islands and bridged together with an extraordinary bronze lily centrepiece, the emblem of Xigera.
Built with sustainability in mind, Xigera is 95% solar-powered. Caring for the environment is a priority woven into every aspect of Xigera, and the team pour enormous effort into partnering with local communities, providing both empowerment and employment.
The lodge is equally a unique celebration of African art, culture and creativity: a living gallery of African talent. Xigera showcases an extraordinary collection of pan-African art and design, created by a roster of 76 of Africa’s most globally acclaimed designers. It is a collection that is bold in vision and ground-breaking in its scope, the first of its kind on the continent.
Other highlights include:
- Life-changing experiences, such as glass-bottom mokoro excursions gliding across the Delta’s waterways and a uniqu sleepout experience in a baobab treehouse
- Enriching game drives which take in a myriad of wildlife, led by bush veterans Mike and Marian Myers with a team of the most experienced guides in Botswana
- An extensive spa programme in partnership with Tata Harper (exclusively in Africa) with guest practitioners focused on mindfulness, wellness and holistic healing
- A boma with a difference. Storytelling and stargazing take place around a totemic fire-pit sculpture by artist-blacksmith Conrad Hicks
- Human-sized woven ‘nests’, created by renowned South African artist Porky Hefer, resting on outdoor decks
- An interactive culinary experience, with an open kitchen-dining room. African-inspired menus, designed by experienced Red Carnation Executive Chefs, are complemented by much-loved signature recipes inspired by Bea Tollman’s legendary dishes
- A welcoming bar with a world-class wine list and cellar showcasing the finest vintages
HOW: Rates at Xigera Safari Lodge start from $2,320 (approx. £1,847) per adult per night sharing. This includes accommodation on a fully inclusive basis, park fees and all activities.
ENTRY: All travellers into Botswana will be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Present a valid 72-hour negative covid-19 PCR result from time of arrival
- Be screened for Covid symptoms on entry