BANGKOK: The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is looking to build on its amazing success in racking up awards after a record-breaking haul so far in 2018, when it took home multiple prestigious travel awards including two ‘Destination of the Year’ honours.
“TAT is very proud of all the awards Thailand has received during 2018,” TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications, Mr. Tanes Petsuwan, said. “This is a result of the hard work by the entire industry and our staff, and TAT’s commitment to its ‘Amazing Thailand Open to the New Shades’ marketing initiative.”
According to Mr. Tanes, this impressive haul of awards confirms Thailand as a tourist destination of excellence, with a diversity of unique Thai local experiences that extends throughout the country.
“All combined these awards are a clear indication that we are on the right track. It shows the variety that Thailand has to offer, from North to South, from Bangkok to Phuket and Phang Nga, from Chiang Mai to Nan province,” he added.
The full list of travel awards that Thailand has received so far in 2018 includes being voted third in the Best Country category of the highly respected Conde Nast Traveller UK 2018 Readers’ Travel Awards and:
- Thailandwins ‘Destination of the Year‘ at the TTG AsiaTravel Awards 2018.
- TAT wins one PATA Grand and three PATA Gold Awards 2018.
- Thailandwins the Travel Bulletin Star Awards‘Star Cultural & Heritage Holidays Destination‘.
- TAT’s Amazing Thailand placed as a finalist in the Travel Bulletin Star Awards‘Star Online Training Course‘.
- Bangkokwins the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards‘Best Leisure Destination in the Asia- Pacific‘.
- Thailandwins the Travel Weekly UK‘Best Destination Award‘.
- Nan Province- ASEAN Clean Tourist City Award.
- Phuketnamed second best beachin the world by US News & World Report.
- Chiang Maiwins the KAYAK Travel Awards Singapore 2018’s favourite trending destination.
- Thailandscores top marks in the ‘Best Business Country Rankings‘ report.
- Thailandwins ‘Best Wedding Destination‘ award from Wonderlust
- Tung Dap Village in Phang Nga earns global recognition for sustainable tourism.
- Bangkok voted ‘Best City Destination‘ in the Asia-Pacificby DestinAsian