Mount Faber Leisure Group (MFLG) on 15 September 2022 opened Central Beach Bazaar, a unique day-to-night carnival beach experience of immersive new sights, scents and sounds at the heart of Sentosa’s beaches. Visitors can enjoy nearly all of the attractions within the new entertainment and dining destination.
The newest attraction on Sentosa offers in a single location a plethora of entertainment and dining experiences for families, the young and the young at heart. Central Beach Bazaar presents the majestic beauty of Sentosa SkyJet, the tallest fountain in Southeast Asia; introduces eight vibrant street food concepts at International Food Street, offers exhilarating simulation rides and carnival games, and entertains guests from day to night with spectacular music and water displays by the Sentosa Musical Fountain and Wings of Time.
Located just footsteps away from the Sentosa Express Beach Station, this new destination enhances and encircles the existing MFLG dining and retail experiences at Good Old Days Food Court & Western Grill and FUN Shop @ Beach Plaza.
F&B vouchers are available for purchase via MFLG’s website, and can be redeemed across the kiosks at the International Food Street. Each $5 voucher comes with a complimentary entry to the Sentosa Musical Fountain & Sentosa SkyJet main viewing gallery.
Mr Buhdy Bok, Managing Director of MFLG, said: ”The opening of Central Beach Bazaar is perfectly timed as a nice segue to Sentosa’s Jubilee celebrations. As tourists return to Singapore seeking new adventures and locals’ continuous desire for new leisure experiences, Central Beach Bazaar hopes to fulfill these aspirations of discovery by providing a vibrant world of endless fun in our carnival-by-the-beach entertainment concept where their senses are invigorated from day to night.”
Ms Thien Kwee Eng, Chief Executive Officer, Sentosa Development Corporation, said: “As travel picks up, we are ramping up efforts to welcome more Singaporeans and international guests with a diverse range of offerings. The Central Beach Bazaar will thus inject new vibrancy to Sentosa’sbeaches, tapping into the unique beachfront setting. Come October, we will also be hosting the Sentosa Food Fest, with the return of GrillFest along Siloso Beach, starting from the Central Beach Bazaar. We look forward to our guests discovering these new experiences on their next visit.”
The new Sentosa SkyJet is poised to be a visual marker as visitors arrive on Sentosa’s beaches, hard to miss from kilometres away. At 80 metres tall, equivalent to a 24-storey building, Sentosa SkyJet is the tallest fountain in Southeast Asia. After grabbing a bite at the International Food Street and gaining complimentary entry into the viewing gallery, visitors will witness the Sentosa SkyJet in all its splendour. Its graceful plumes of water are propelled upwards by high-pressure underwater pumps, creating a breathtaking visual spectacle for the perfect photo opportunity.
Visitors also ought to stay for the night, as the Sentosa SkyJet lights up to a stunning effect with colour-changing LED lights.
Sentosa SkyJet by day and by night
Sentosa SkyJet operates daily from 10:00am-5:00pm, 5:30pm-7:30pm and 9:00pm-10:00pm. It does not operate when Sentosa Musical Fountain and Wings of Time shows are running. Free entry for children under 4 years old.
SENTOSA MUSICAL FOUNTAIN
While chowing on scrumptious eats from the International Food Street, visitors can expect new entertainment during the day with the return of the famous Musical Fountain, one of Sentosa’s iconic shows of the early 1980s.
The reimagined Sentosa Musical Fountain will perform two alternating five-minute shows. The first is a tribute to the original Musical Fountain, which showcases a score of musical numbers played in the 1990s, like Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Walking on Sunshine. The second show is a medley of the nation’s beloved National Day songs like Home and Count on Me Singapore.
Entry to the viewing gallery is complimentary with every minimum spend of $5 at the International Food Street or with every purchase at the Power Boat Racing and Beach Carnival Games. The Sentosa Musical Fountain operates daily, with the first and last shows starting at 11:00am and 5:00pm respectively. There are two shows per hour. Free entry for children under 4 years old.
INTERNATIONAL FOOD STREET
A vibrant collection of casual food and beverage options is set to make waves on Sentosa with a novel gastronomic experience inspired by some of the best global street eats. International Food Street is a tasty new enclave of eight F&B concepts housed in food trucks, kombi vans and upcycled shipping containers designed in distinctive Memphis-style, with splashes of bright colours and bold structural patterns making International Food Street a feast for both the palate and the eyes.
Street grub are presented in a convenient, grab-and-go style, so visitors can savour them while enjoying the captivating shows of the Sentosa Musical Fountain and Wings of Time or while continuing their adventures around the island.
Colourful Kombi Vans offering Indian Vegetarian food & local snacks
Diners will be spoilt for choice with a wide selection of affordable, piquant bites under $10:
* Chipper Roll: Relish the best of British classics with treats like Bangers & Mash ($8.80), Fish & Chips ($7.80) and Chicken Pie ($6.80), or opt for a choice of satisfying rolls like Shrimp Scampi Roll ($9.80) and the vegetarian Breaded Corn Rolls ($9.80).
* Bentori: Delight in popular Japanese yakitori with a Southeast Asian flair. Visitors can opt for prix fixe sets or create their own “bentos” for $8.80 and enjoy a furikake rice ball with a choice of four skewers like Tamagoyaki and Chicken Karaage.
Japanese yakitori from Bentori
* Thai Dee: It’s Bangkok on the beach with these Thai-inspired noodles and fried street snacks. Choose between two sets priced at $6.80 – Tom Yum Noodles soup served with crabstick, luncheon meat and seasonal vegetables; or Thai-style Vegetable Noodle soup with seasonal vegetables. For $8.80, guests can create their own noodle cups with a choice of soup base and up to six toppings.
* Taco Pau: A food truck mash-up of irresistible Mexican treats with Western and Middle Eastern fillings. Diners start with a choice of wraps like Tortilla or Quesadilla, then customise them from a range of signature fillings ($7.80) like Tandoori Chicken and Chicken Chili Con Carne, or premium options ($9.80) like Lamb Rogan and Potato Kofta with Cashew Gravy.
* Masala Wala: From the streets of New Delhi comes a selection of Halal and vegetarian snacks like Punjabi Samosa ($7.80 for three pcs), Paneer Kathi Roll ($7.80) and Aloo Chat ($5.80).
* Slurps & Scoops: Family-friendly dessert kiosk hits the spot with sweet treats to beat the heat. Enjoy a scoop of ice cream ($5.80 per cup, $6.80 per waffle cone) or pamper the kids with Candy Floss ($6) and Popcorn ($6). Beverage selections include bottled juices, coffee, smoothies and mocktails.
* Mama Shop: A collection of nostalgic and new Singaporean snacks and beverages introduces tourists to local delights and delights locals with a trip down memory lane. Snacks and titbits include ice gems, Merlion biscuits and old-school wafers.
Grab a Lobster Roll with the Show & Dine combo
An eighth F&B concept, an indoor air-conditioned Chipper Roll Seafood Café, will open by end of the year to offer oceanic delights in cool comfort. Housed in one of the stacked shipping containers and designated as a premium viewing gallery, guests enjoy the best seats in the house for the Wings of Time shows while savouring a menu of seafood specialities.
Guests can purchase a Show & Dine combo for $38 to enjoy a luxurious Lobster Roll or Seafood (Scallop & Crab) Roll with chips and a beverage. The combo comes with a Wings of Time ticket and a complimentary entry to watch Sentosa Musical Fountain and the Sentosa SkyJet during the day.
International Food Street opens daily from 10:15am to 10:00pm. Last order for food is at 9:30pm. None of the stalls serves pork or lard. Every minimum spend of $5 entitles one guest to complimentary entry into the main viewing gallery for Sentosa Musical Fountain & Sentosa SkyJet.
CARNIVAL GAMES AND SIMULATION RIDE EXPERIENCE
By year-end, Central Beach Bazaar will debut a final new attraction dedicated to two experiences – simulator rides and carnival games for all ages. The Power Boat Racing simulator ride will offer an adrenaline-pumping and exhilarating thrill of high-speed boat races. The high-resolution speed boat racing game lets players compete for glory while traversing realistic displays of tropical seascapes in real time.
Those who fancy the conviviality of carnivals can step right up for a chance to win huge plushie toy prizes at the Beach Carnival Games, where their dexterity is put to the test with classic games like the Lobster Pot.
ATTRACTIVE DEALS FOR ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT
Wings of Time, Sentosa’s award-winning outdoor night show
After sundown, the popular Wings of Time night show now operates at its full capacity for an audience of 2,750 guests per show. Visitors can opt for $23 premium seats to skip the queue and enjoy the best views of the show or purchase standard tickets at $18.
To enjoy 10% off Wings of Time tickets, book in advance on MFLG’s website. Wings of Time ticket holders receive a complimentary entry to the main viewing gallery for Sentosa Musical Fountain and Sentosa SkyJet during the day.
Wings of Time runs one show a day from Mondays to Fridays at 7:30pm, and two shows on Saturdays, Sundays, Eve of Public Holidays, and Public Holidays at 7:30pm and 8:30pm. From 1 October, show timings will start at 7:40pm and 8:40pm.
For more information on Central Beach Bazaar, please visit www.mountfaberleisure.com/